The Potton House was constructed in 1901 and consists of red sandstone walls and a wood shingle roof. The gingerbread style of ornamentation was popular during this period and is reflected throughout the exterior of the house. The Potton House is listed on the Texas Register of Historic Places and is owned and operated as a museum by the City of Big Spring. An exterior renovation was performed for the house in 1996 after a devastating hail storm irreparably damaged the roof. Additional work was performed to restore the ornamentation, painting and deterioration of the masonry.